Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 29, 2010

The First Thought- October 29, 2010

Once upon a time during my tweenage years, I found myself slipping from reality. I felt as if every moment I lived was a dream. As I grew older, the world opened up every complicating doors. I wanted to touch, smell, and feel everything, but everything was just out of reach. I saw politicians on the news, and dreamed of one day debating in Senate over some hot issue. I saw singers rocking out on the VMA awards, and wished that I had been born white, handsome, and taller. I wanted to devote my life to quantum physics, while exploring the deepest chasms of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. I wanted to live my life wallowing in the quest to find a meaning to life. I wanted to make a difference, but was told over and over that I could not change anything. I was told to be REAL. How can I live with the fact that despite the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the constitution setting every man to be equal, there is still rampant racist bigotry around the world?


I had always possessed a strong conviction concerning the term justice. As I grew older, I realized that there is no such thing as justice. As with most of the other things in the world, it is only relative. Justice is what you fight for, and if you win, justice.


Democracy, when examined from many angles, has existed ever since the neolithic era of homo sapiens. The whole inner-workings of society can best be described as democracy, where the minority is oppressed by the majority. Every fact and truth we have is only relative. It is relative to who spoketh. If the majority speaketh, he speaketh the truth. When the minority speaketh, he speaketh lies and and deceit. Is he really wrong? Maybe, but maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment